When it comes to mold, all homes and businesses are susceptible. Typically, it colonizes when an unsuspecting water source forms, often in the way of a leaky roof, burst plumbing, or other. Since it can take as little as 48 hours to spread and create allergens and other harmful agents that can cause health problems, you want the problem handled fast and efficiently.
Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and may be accompanied by a variety of poor health symptoms. If you are noticing signs that your home or business has a mold issue, call in the professionals to inspect and assess your property. If mold is found, they have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
The microscopic spores that mold is made up of can be found almost everywhere indoors and outdoors. Despite what some companies advertise, it is impossible to remove all mold completely from a home or business. To understand this better, take into consideration the following facts about mold:
- Mold is made up of microscopic spores that float in the air. This allows them to enter your home via windows, doors, AC/heating systems, or on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
What is Black Mold?
Stachybotrys chart arum is the type of mold most often referred to as black, or toxic, mold. There has been a lot in the news recently warning about the dangers of black mold that have been alarming and confusing.
Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should contact a qualified mold remediation company regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold can exist in the same house or structure.
Why Choose the SERVPRO Professionals of Orange County?
Our professionals are dedicated to responding immediately when you contact them. A fast response lessens the damage and consequently reduces the overall costs of mold removal.
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration. It is the cornerstone of our business. Our team has the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation, using advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and equipment for successful mold removal.